DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Last Updated: 13/09/2018
Scope of this Policy
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process information about you including when you visit our Website. The information we may collect and process could include:
- Details of your visits to our Websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- The information that you provide to us when completing our forms which may include your name, postal address, email address, phone number, date of birth and other personal details you choose, or we request you to complete.
- Details of the transactions that you carry out with us including through our Websites.
- The information you may provide in response to any surveys which we may request.
- The information you provide when you enter any competition or promotion sponsored by us including social media campaigns.
- Our records of any correspondence you may have with us.
- The information we may receive about you from third parties such as credit reference agencies.
IP Addresses and Cookies
Where we process your information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and processed at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). The applicable laws at such destinations may not afford you the same rights and protections as those applicable in the EEA.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Websites and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate security measures to try to prevent unauthorised access, unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage to such information.
Uses of your information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To improve our Websites and the products and services we provide and to tailor our products and services to match your or other members and customers needs or requests.
To provide you with information about our products or services or the products and services of third parties that you request from us
- or which the we consider may interest you.
- To provide products and services to you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our products and services, when you choose to do so.
- For the training of our staff.
- To notify you about changes to our products and services or about our terms of business or other information about us or our business.
- To protect our rights, to prevent and detect crime and to ensure the safety, security and protection of our staff, members, customers and other relevant persons.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about products and services which may be of interest to you and we (or they) may contact you about these including by post, telephone or electronic means such as email or SMS.
- We, or our selected third parties will however only contact you by electronic means where you have consented to this either at the time you apply for membership or at any subsequent time.
- If you do not want us to use your data for marketing purposes in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the form on which we ask for your information or contact our Data Protection Officer at the address set out below.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
For the provision of services to us by third parties.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of any such business or assets and such seller or buyer may subsequently contact you in relation to such sale or purchase and your prospective relationship with them.
If Auster or its business or assets or a material part of its business or assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about you and our other members or customers may be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or that of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if the we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent this disclosure by completing boxes on the forms that we use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at:
Auster Enterprises Limited
Clifton House, Clifton Centre,
Spring Lane South,
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee (of an amount permitted by the Act) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information that we hold about you.