Skin the Cat – it might be the strangest named exercise ever, but it is a highly effective one. Targeting the Abs, Shoulders, Back, Hips and Arms it is a great all round exercise for strength and flexibility.
We explain how to perform this exercise on our Power Rings
1. Begin by taking hold of the Rings, set up above head height
2. Tuck your knees into your abs
3. Retract your scapular, and lean backwards to rotate to the inverted position
4. Control the downwards movement, allowing your shoulders to open up
5. Hold the end position and straighten your legs for the full stretch
6. Reverse the movement and repeat
Pro Tip: The advanced version of Skin the Cat is by keeping your legs straight, in an L-Sit position throughout the whole exercise.